March 14, 2023 | 09.30am | Washington University
Corelight Open Source is bringing the Zeek Project to Washington University in St. Louis!
Join us for a free, public, turbocharged learning, fun and networking with a world class network security monitoring tool, Zeek.
- Intro to Zeek: Jumpstart your network security journey with Zeek's revolutionary power.
- Zeek Architecture Deep Dive: Explore Zeek's advanced architecture, supercharging your threat detection skills.
- Zeek Logs: Insights Galore: Harness the goldmine of Zeek logs, from common to SSL/TLS, to outsmart cyber threats.
- Detect Like a Pro: Elevate your detection game with high-level Zeek scripts for proactive threat identification.
- ZKG Magic: Master Zeek's Package Manager (ZKG) to effortlessly extend Zeek's capabilities and conquer new security horizons.
Network and Connect:
Beyond the knowledge gained, connect with like-minded professionals, forge valuable connections, and make learning an unforgettable experience. Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to elevate your network security skills with Zeek.
What can you expect?
Zeek is more than just a protocol logger; it's a versatile framework encompassing a wealth of functionality! Discover how the power of open source, combined with Zeek's flexibility, allows you to embark on a journey that includes crafting your own scripts, constructing custom protocol analyzers, and curating detection content—leveraging packages contributed by the vibrant Zeek community. These exciting topics will be explored at an introductory level during our engaging session.
Secure your spot now for a day of learning and networking. Join us on March 14th at Washington University!
DUC 276 (Danforth University Center)
6475 Forsyth Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63105
9:30 - 9:45 am: Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:45 am - 12:30 pm: Zeek Training (part 1)
12:30 - 1:30 pm: Lunch provided and sponsored by World Wide Technology
1:30 - 3:30 pm: Zeek Training (part 2)
3:30 - 4:45 pm: Presentation - Building and Using Zeek at Washington University by Brian Allen, Information Security Director at WashU.
Learn how WashU set up and configured their Zeek cluster and then explore a local homegrown Zeek script to map usernames to machines on campus.
4:45 - 5:00 pm: Final Questions and Thank You
5:00 pm: Informal Networking
NOTE: Breaks happen throughout the day.